“Test alert received!”, but didn’t see the notification
- There’s a good chance that the computer settings are preventing the alerts from displaying. See the steps below to set up alerts on your computer
I can’t hear my alerts.
- Ensure your speakers and system volume are turned high enough that you can hear other sounds.
- Alerts will not override audio playing in other windows/applications of the computer, and the alert will play simultaneously with other sounds.
“You will not receive alerts for new patients because there was an error. If the issue persists, please contact Pulsara.”
- This message will show up when accessing Pulsara HQ through an incognito/private browsing window. In order to receive alerts in the browser app, users must log in through a normal window.
“Test alert not received”
- If this message shows, there’s a chance that your network experienced a temporary outage. Try sending a test alert again!
- Have an administrator check the activity log, and confirm there is a "User sent themselves a test alert" message.
- If the “Test alert not received” message displays again, contact Pulsara.
I hear a sound, but don’t see a notification.
- To stop the sound in Chrome, click the sound icon to the right of the address bar, find Pulsara and click the pause button.
- To stop the sound in Microsoft Edge, find the Pulsara tab, and click the speaker within the tab (to the left of the title).
- Note: If you hear the sound, but don’t see a notification, then it’s likely that computer settings are preventing alerts from displaying. See the steps below to set up alerts on your computer.
Notifications disappear from the screen after 20 seconds
- In the lower right corner of your screen, the number pending notifications will be shown as a number. Click on this icon to view your notifications.
- Microsoft Edge does not allow notifications to remain on screen. Using Google Chrome will allow notifications to remain.
Troubleshooting Windows Alerts
Open up the Action Center for your computer in the lower right corner of the screen.
If the alerts show there, but the popup was hidden, then make sure that “Focus assist” is off for your computer. If this setting is on, then incoming Pulsara alerts will be hidden.
If the alerts are not visible in the action center, then make sure notifications are allowed in the computer’s settings. To verify this, open up the action center, and click “Manage Notifications”.
Verify that “Get notifications from apps and other senders” is toggled On.
If that setting is already On, then scroll down to the list of applications. Find and click on your web browser in the list (Google Chrome or Edge).
On the settings for your browser, confirm that:
- Notifications are turned On
- “Show notification banners” is selected