Leveraging the power of mobile technology, the Pulsara PATIENT app provides an easy way for a patient (or their family member or power of attorney) to securely communicate with healthcare providers during time sensitive emergencies.
The video module must be enabled to initiate a video call and the following questions should be reviewed and answered "Yes" before sending the invitation to download Pulsara PATIENT:
Is the contact located in the United States?
Does the contact have a Smart Device that supports downloading applications from the Apple App or Google Play store? Pulsara's Supported Devices
Is the contact able to receive text messages on their mobile device?
Is the contact familiar with video platforms such as FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Zoom, FaceBook Video, etc.?
Has the contact received the Pulsara PATIENT Setup Instructions Knowledge Base Article.
Steps for Sending a Pulsara PATIENT Invitation
1. Open a New Patient Channel from the New Patient screen.
2. Select the appropriate Method of Arrival: Inpatient or ED Patient
3. Complete the required fields and Activate the case.
4. Tap the FAB (Floating Action button) located in the bottom right of the screen.
5. Tap the Contact button.
6. On the Contact screen, enter the contact's first and last name and phone number.
7 . Check "SendPulsara Patient app invitation"
8. Add the contact type and relationship to the patient if the contact is anyone other than the patient.
9. Select the contact’s relationship to patient (when applicable).
10. Check "Contact has Power of Attorney" box (when applicable).
11. Tap the Save button in the upper right hand corner.
IMPORTANT: The phone number used in the patient contact form must be able to receive text (SMS) messages.
12. Once saved, the contact will receive a Pulsara PATIENT App invitation via text message to the number provided in the contact form.
13. Once the recipient installs the Pulsara PATIENT application you will be able to initiate a live video call.